Tuesday 8 April 2008

Gringa en un mareo y el Caos Latino.

Food poisoned- mareo- green face- headache- weakness- mareo...

Total mixed emotion. I want to go back. What am I doing here. Who's idea was this. Why I say yes. Imbecil.

Paul Fussel on the dangers of modern travel:
"In the speed of arrival made possible by modern technology, the mind often got left behind. leaving the traveler dislocated and vunerable. It was not just a luggage that could get lost in transit."

Next. Familiarity mixed with frozen astonishment. I know it or do I not? How far can I assimilate with its culture? How far is necessary? How far is it interesting? How good can I camouflage? They observe me too... I can't help - I'm Gringa...

The Latin Chaos: it is lots of things going on at the same time in many directions at once, without any plan or anticipation and with equal importance and passion.


No comments: