Thursday 10 April 2008

Sistema de Informacion al cliente

One of the stories to get crazy or, from now on, I know how important it is to make the question more precise.
- Senor, I need a sim card to be able send sms to Europe.
- yes, please, with this one you can send sms to Spain.
- but I would like to send sms to Holland and Poland.
- is it in Europe? so, yes it must work.
I got one. I put in my phone. NO, it doesn't sedn sms to Europe. I come back to the store.
- It doesn't work, because you have to put first the credit to the card
- but there is credit! promocion de 30 Soles!
- yes, but it is valid only for the national phone calls.
I put credit. No, it doesn't send sms to Europe. I can call, but no smsing. Yes, klopt, it does send to Spain, but not to other countries in Europe. I had the choice to go back to the guy and say straightforward what I think about all the Peruvian service, but I realized, that he just simply doesn't know and it was not his intention to cheat me.
Annoyed enough, I go to other company of mobile phones (there are only 2 in Peru)
- Senor, I need a sim card to be able send sms to Europe. I would like to make a test first before I buy the sim card.
The guy makes couple of phone calls to his supervisors. It is long waiting. What is the code for the country? 0031 And what is the code for the city? No, we don't use code for the city when using mobile phone number. Aha. Passing the information to the Senorita. Yes, but what is the code for the city, is it Amsterdam ,or? NO, I will repeat, we don't use code for the city when using the mobile phone number...
We make the test. The test is successful. I buy second sim card. Yes, I can send sms. But this company is not so popular and my fellows in theatre use the other one, the one I bought first. And it is double or even triple expensive to call from one company to the other company number. Nobody will call me, they warn me.
So I have 2 sim cards, one for communication in Tacna, one for communication with Europe. I change the cards in the phone too many times, so I decide to buy the cheapest mobile phone.
I come back to the store (second company) and ask. Great, I can buy a phone, far enough to use.
I buy. I pay. The same guy from before calls to register my phone. Register a phone??! why? And to my astonishment and disgust, the guy gives me ONE MORE sim card, and a new number of course, because he cannot sell me just the phone....

No comments: